Goshen County Ballot
On the ballot this year is the renewal of the County 1% sales and use tax (aka Fifth Penny). The funding received from this tax has been leveraged with County and Community budgets mainly for infrastructure projects and essential services within the County. Everyone benefits from the Fifth Penny sales tax.
List of projects or services provided by the Fifth Penny:
- Various county wide Water, Sewer, Drainage projects
- Road and Bridge projects
- 1-million-gallon water tank
- Emergency response equipment and vehicles
- Rural and City Fire Hall
- County wide mosquito spraying for West Nile Virus
- Public Health
- County and Town road maintenance
- Code red software
- Alzheimer’s unit addition.
- Sports Complex – Baseball and Soccer Fields